* Please note, the exact process I will use is dependent upon your child and their needs/
interests. After we have discussed your concerns with a free consultation, I will create an individualized plan of action.
My process includes developing activities and tools which:
• Create opportunities to make decisions necessary to create personal change.
• Create an inspired dialogue.
• Introduce youth to Emotional Literacy (SEL).
• Encourage the practice of listening & Deeply Noticing.
• Guide youth toward emotional empowerment.
• Enable youth to question the world around them.
• Introduce creative problem-solving skills as a means to gain self-awareness.
• Nurture “Imagination” as the core to creative & social development.
Not everyone is comfortable with therapy. However, I believe we would all welcome something therapeutic into our lives.
There are indeed many circumstances that warrant a dedicated therapist. I would in no way dismiss or suggest otherwise, to someone who feels that they or their child would benefit from/need the help of a therapist.
Sometimes however, a so-called "regular life" can cause changes in how your child or young adult are perceiving their world. Things like: changing schools/changes in friendships; a parents divorce/new partner… Some of these events, although common in our society, are new and perhaps a little frightening to the novice.
When kids find they are unable to verbalize internal issues and in turn unable to express themselves or address their concerns, parents can find themselves confronted with confusing or unfamiliar behavior. Children need a helping hand when managing real or imagined worries about themselves, their families or even “monsters under the bed."
Trying to navigate their day to day lives with evolving opinions and changes happening constantly, can result in your child or young adult having trouble finding an unbiased someone with whom to navigate these new thoughts, feelings and ideas.
This is where I may be of help to you:
(I have just relocated to Portland, Oregon this April 2019)
Rhode Island (BCI) (2015)
Massachusetts (Cori) (2018)
Oregon (BCU) (2019)
* Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.
All works © 2006-2019 Jillian Suzanne, Playful Exchange and Dream Traveler - All Rights Reserved.