Young people love a process that allows them to explore and express in a playful manner. A creative mentor can co+create purposeful play/ maker activities and experiences alongside your child. This allows your child or young adult to draw their own conclusions by encouraging conversations around situations they are learning to navigate.
A creative mentor, knows the right questions to ask and explores ways of addressing these questions alongside your child. Children recognize when change is needed, but may be unable to identify precisely what that change is. Kids love a process that allows them to explore and express in a playful manner.
Sometimes, "regular life" can cause changes in how a child or young adult are perceiving their world. Things like: changing schools, changes in friendships, a
parents divorce or new partner… a pandemic.
Some of these events, although common in our society, are new and perhaps
a little frightening to the novice.
When kids find they are unable to verbalize internal issues and in turn unable
to express themselves or address their concerns, parents can find themselves confronted with confusing or unfamiliar behavior.
Most of us have benefited from a helping hand when managing real and/or perceived worries and/or discoveries about ourselves.
Trying to navigate day to day life with evolving opinions and change happening constantly, can result in a child or young adult having trouble identifying ways to navigate these new thoughts, feelings or ideas.
I have helped kids/young adults as an unbiased guide introducing means to explore
and investigate new ideas. Along the way we discover sparked interests and ways to navigate/alleviate concerns.
- Create opportunities to nurture curiosity & imagination.
- Create opportunities for mindful expression.
- Enable kids to question the world around them.
- Nurture Emotional Empowerment & Autonomy.
- Are designed to include Maker Activities and Exploration.
*Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.
I have even worked with children around the world! In this day and age,
distance is not a hinderance for developing trusted and beneficial relationships.
includes developing creative and artful-maker activities which:
• Nurture Imagination as the core to creative & social development.
• Guide youth toward emotional empowerment.
• Enable youth to question the world around them.
• Create inspired dialogues.
• Introduce creative problem-solving skills
• Gain self-awareness.
• Develop opportunities to make decisions necessary to create personal change.
* Please note, the exact process I will use is dependent upon your child and their needs/ interests. After we have discussed your goals, I will create an individualized plan of action.